americandreamcoalition – excerpt – (videos)
Downloads of Tom Rubin videos and reports:
Thomas A. Rubin, CPA, CMA, CMC, CIA, CGFM, CFM has over four decades of experience in government surface transportation and finance, concentrating on public transit. As a consultant and auditor, he has served well over 100 transit agencies, metropolitan planning organizations, state departments of transportation, the U.S. Department of Transportation, suppliers to the transit industry, and not-for-profits.
He founded and directed the public transportation practice of what is now Deloitte & Touche, LLP, growing it to the largest of its type. He has also served as the chief financial officer of two the largest transit systems in the U.S., including the Southern California Rapid Transit District (now Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority), the third largest.
Since 1996, he has been a sole practitioner consultant, helping government agencies to improve their capital, operational, and financial planning and overseeing contraction projects. He has been named “the world’s funniest transit accountant” (not in reference to transit agency financial statements he has worked on)…
Expertise: Transportation, transit, rail transit, transit systems in Los Angeles, San Francisco, and many other cities
Best way to reach: email to tarubin at earthlink.net
Cost: Travel expenses (from California) plus honorarium based on ability to pay and distance traveled
- How to Review a Transit Plan (10.8-mb PowerPoint)
- Do Highway Users Pay the Full Costs of Roads? (plus associated spreadsheet)
- The Future of Mass Transit in the United States: Can We Get There From Here?
- San Francisco Bay Area Rail Expansion Projects: Promises and Performance
- A Short History of San Francisco Bay Area Transit: Is Valley Transit the Worst Transit Agency in the U.S.?
- Misinvestment in Transit in Los Angeles
- Transportation and Transit for Scottsdale
- Trolley Folly: A Critical Analysis of the Austin Light-Rail Proposal